Videographer & Photo Editor Intern
Silk Screen Asian Arts organization is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural education of the Asian Arts through entertainment: film, music and dance performances.
The main event of Silk Screen is a 10day festival of Asian and Asian American films with over 20 screenings in
NOTE: Interns are expected to be available throughout the entire festival May 10-19, 2013. Heavy concentration of duties will be April and May with some weekend time and evening hours likely.
Videographer, Editing, and Photo Updates Intern: This candidate will be working directly with the film programming assistant and the executive director, recording all year-round Silk Screen events and editing them for the Silk Screen website
· Report to Silk Screen office for all duties
· Attend Silk Screen events as ambassador to the organization with the goal of capturing quality video of participants, event activities, and attendees
· Attend all Silk Screen Events and record all performers, activities, speeches, etc
· Acquire names of performers, speakers, and guests in video and photos
· Edit video for website using Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, or equivalent
· Communicate with the web team on a weekly basis
· Work with festival director to ensure music copyright safety
· Accurately represent Silk Screen, community partners, performers, and visitors
· Meet with events coordinator, operations director, and festival director
· Distribution of all marketing materials to partner locations, libraries, schools, universities, restaurants, theaters
· General office support for all necessary forms, folders, event/ theater supplies to support all key teams (technology, volunteer, programming, gala, marketing
Hours: in Silk Screen Office, 10-16 hours a week starting in Spring 2013.
**The candidate will be expected to assist with all other office/ administrative tasks including: general office duties (phone/ fax/ copies), database updates, flyer/poster distribution, general marketing and publicity of the festival, sharing the good word of Silk Screen to all!